TCC's 9th Annual Fall Conference
October 16-19 2008
Historic Colonial Williamsburg
The Transferware Collectors Club is pleased to invite you to our ninth annual meeting in historic Colonial Williamsburg at the Woodlands Resort Hotel!
The conference will open at 4:00 pm on Thursday, October 16, and will close with a spectacular Show and Sale on Sunday afternoon, October 19. We have lined up a great roster of speakers covering the following topics of interest:
- Dick Henrywood: 1) Suggested Topics for Research in Transferware (a pot-pourri of subjects worthwhile for further research), and 2) Special Order Wares (concentrating on those which required copper plate engraving)
- Judie Siddall: The Origins of Transferware Animal and Zoo Patterns
- Rob Hunter: Decorated English Shell Edged Wares
- Anne Forschler: Josiah Wedgwood and his Factory: Highlights from the Dwight and Lucille Beeson Wedgwood Collection at the Birmingham Museum of Art
- Randy Boyer: Challenging our Knowledge of Transferware
- Janine Skerry: Liverpool Birds: Transfer-Printed Creamware in Colonial America
And back by popular demand this year is our Object Identification Session. We’ve also planned for a special Show and Share Session for members to display rarities from their own collection.
As in the past, we will again offer an exciting Optional Day of Activities on Thursday, October 16, prior to the opening reception.
Attendees will receive an extended-period pass to all Colonial Williamsburg sites. This will be a very popular conference venue and demand will be high, so put these dates on your calendar now and be sure to submit your reservation early!